Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chorizo Torta

For lunch today, I'm knocking off my favorite sandwich from the best Mexican restaurant in town. You may think, "Who gets a sandwich at a Mexican restaurant?" I do- it's that good. Depending on where you live, you may have a hard time finding chorizo. I found it at Walmart, but I think it's a relatively new product from Johnsonville. If you want to try this recipe, but can't find the Johnsonville Grilling Chorizo, check Mexican grocery stores in your area. Trust me, it will be worth it!!! This sandwich is so easy and soooooooo delicious. You can also use chicken, marinated pork, grilled steak, whatever, but chorizo is, by far, my favorite.

Serves: 4
Difficulty: easy

Ingredients

1 lb. chorizo
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 c. shredded lettuce
2 avocados, sliced
1 8 0z. can sliced jalapenos (0r 3 fresh)
1 med. onion, sliced thinly
mayonnaise
4 white sub rolls, or 1 loaf ciabatta bread (or as we call it, chewbacca bread) cut into four pieces


In large skillet over med. heat, brown chorizo (If using links, remove casing from meat and break meat up with a spoon until the texture resembles browned ground beef). Lightly toast sliced sandwich rolls in broiler if desired. Spread mayonnaise to taste over bread. Spoon browned chorizo onto rolls, top with tomato slices, lettuce, onions, avocados and jalapenos. Yummmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment