Sunday, November 7, 2010

Maple Glazed Chicken Thighs

This is one of my favorite fall dinners. It's easy and delicious, and combines so many great fall flavors. I think I got it from Good Housekeeping, but I'm not positive. Wherever it came from, I'm grateful to them, because I have yet to meet anyone that didn't love it- including my picky kids!!!!

Serves: 4

Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 package chicken thighs
2 med. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes
2 med. onions, sliced thinly
3/4 of a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 c. maple syrup (REAL maple syrup- NO SUBSTITUTES!!!)

Preheat oven to 450*. place sweet potatoes, carrots and onions in 9x13 baking dish. Place chicken thighs on top. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper over everything, then pour maple syrup over. Mix well to distribute seasonings and maple syrup. Chicken thighs should be on top, skin side down. Cook 20 minutes, then flip chicken and give veggies a quick stir. Cook 20 more minutes until chicken skin is golden brown and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment