Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mushroom Onion Quesadillas

I was going to try out this recipe for mushroom, spinach and goat cheese quesadillas, but I forgot to get spinach. I had to use what I had around the house, and this is what I came up with. They were so good that I could have eaten 10 of them (well, maybe not 10....) I served them with salsa verde and a little sour cream.

Serves: 4
Difficulty: easy

Ingredients

8 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
1 package sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/2 red onion sliced thinly
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
2 c. grated monteray jack cheese

In skillet over med. heat cook mushrooms, onions and jalapenos in 2 tbs. olive oil until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent- about five minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 c. cheese onto one flour tortilla, cover with the cooked mushroom onion mixture, top with 1/4 c. of cheese and another tortilla. Cook both sides over med. heat for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment